At some point on working on something in a web application, you're pretty likely to share that, often not with the entire world. In order to make this process of inviting others as simple as possible, we've come up with an Invitation standard.
- Edit without registration. Be able to edit or view things without being required to complete a registration process.
- Share with a single URL. A single URL should contain all the information needed.
- (Un)limited URL usage. A URL might be re-usable, or maybe not.
- The Owner or a resource creates an Invite. This Invite points to a
targetResource, provides read writes by default but can additionally add
writerights, contains a bunch of
- The Guest opens the Invite URL. This returns the Invite resource, which provides the client with the information needed to do the next request which adds the actual rights.
- The browser client app might generate a set of keys, or use an existing one. It sends the Agent URL to the Invite in a query param.
- The server will respond with a Redirect resource, which links to the newly granted
- The Guest will now be able to access the Resource.
Try it on https://atomicdata.dev/invites/1